Home » Oceania » Insider Advice & Travel Tips from Locals in Antarctica
Insider Advice & Travel Tips from Locals in Antarctica
Protecting Antarctica’s landscape is a top priority for all travelers, and its important to do everything you can to follow “leave no trace” principles. Your travel operators should already be familiar with all of the conservation regulations and environmental protocols within the Antarctic Treaty Area.
- Don’t try to feed or disturb any wildlife
- Don’t walk on moss beds or lichen-covered ground
- Don’t litter or pollute the land or water
- Don’t take any “souvenirs” like rocks, fossils, etc.
- Bring back everything you brought with you.
Summers have long hours of daylight, and winters have long hours of darkness.